Within the parameters of our financial aid budget, Cambridge School strives to provide assistance for qualified students who are admitted to our program and can demonstrate financial need. Grants will be awarded not only on the basis of need but also on the availability of funds and the family’s fulfillment of the contractual obligation.
In order for Cambridge to meet the requirements of a financial aid audit, we must have all of the following information and documentation on file before a family will be considered for aid. This amendment to our policy from previous years will help the Financial Aid Committee make more informed decisions. In addition, to be considered for financial assistance, families must adhere to the following deadlines:
- The deadline for on-line completion or mailing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with payment directly to School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) is January 4, 2013. To expedite the process, we recommend that you complete the PFS on-line at www.nais.org/financialaid/sss, but if you prefer, you may request a paper copy of the PSF form from the School Office when submitting an application for enrollment.
- Whether you submit the PFS on-line or mail a paper copy, please provide Cambridge with a copy of the completed PFS form. This copy will alert us that you wish to be considered for financial aid should SSS fail to receive or accurately compute your data.
- Cambridge School (SSS ID 1922) should be designated as a recipient of the report in section 7A. For an additional fee, we also recommend that you request a family report by designating SSS ID 9000 in section 7A of the PFS. Doing so will enable you to receive a copy of the report which includes the Estimated Parental Contribution upon which financial need is determined.
- If you have any unusual circumstances that are not well explained or quantified on the Parents’ Financial Statement, please explain in writing to the Cambridge School Financial Aid Committee the circumstances and the effect they have on your family’s personal or financial decisions and/or resources.
- A copy of your 2011 Federal Tax Form 1040 (or 2012 Federal Tax Form if available,) including all attachments and schedules, must be submitted to SSS no later than January 4, 2013. If your 2010 Tax Forms are used to complete your financial aid application, a copy of your 2012 Federal Tax Forms must be submitted once they are complete. In the case where the estimated and reported income amounts are significantly different, the Cambridge Financial Aid Committee reserves the right to recalculate the award amount and issue a revised enrollment contract.
- If you are the owner of a business or farm, please complete the Business and Farm Statement, which can be found online at www.nais.org/financialaid/sss. This form should be submitted to SSS no later than January 4, 2013.
- In the case of divorced or separated parents or parents who have never married, both natural parents are required to complete a PFS. If either natural parent remarries, Cambridge does consider the resources of the step-parent, bearing in mind the obligations to his/her natural children.
- Financial aid award decisions will be mailed on February 15, 2013. Families who are awarded aid will receive revised enrollment contracts which reflect their adjusted tuition balance.
- Families who have been awarded aid on the basis of their 2011 tax forms are required to submit copies of their 2012 Federal Form 1040, including attachments and schedules, to Cambridge School no later than March 1, 2013.
- Mail your completed PFS using one of the following addresses. These are the same addresses to which you can submit the additional documents we require, if you choose to send them by mail.
For regular mail:
School and Student Services By NAIS
PO Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368-0449
For overnight mail:
School and Student Services by NAIS
437* Turnpike Street
Canton, MA 02021
*Note, on the first page of the PFS, there is a typographical error in street number for the overnight address. Please be sure to use this correct address if you choose to mail using overnight mail.
Questions about the financial aid process may be directed to the Patricia R. Reese in the Admission and Financial Aid Office, 410-486-9924.