Within the parameters of our financial aid budget, Cambridge School strives to provide assistance for qualified students who are admitted to our program and can demonstrate financial need. Grants will be awarded not only on the basis of need but also on the availability of funds and the family’s fulfillment of the contractual obligation.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you must complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at www.sssbynais.org/parents.
To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
- Beginning October 2, 2017, go to sssbynais.org/parents.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018-19. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $49 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
HOW TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2018-19 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328.
KEY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AS YOU COMPLETE THE PFS:
Our school’s full name: Cambridge School
Our school’s SSS code: 1922
Contact information for our financial aid office: Suzanne Gaudreau 410-486-9924, firstname.lastname@example.org
Due date for completing the PFS: Friday, January 12, 2018
Required documents we require you to submit, in addition to the PFS:
- 2016 Federal Tax Forms
- 2017 Forms W-2 or other wage documents
- 2017 Federal Tax Forms in April when completed
- We are unable to consider a financial aid application without the PFS and supporting tax documents for both custodial parents submitted electronically
- Please do not send documents to Cambridge School. All documents must be submitted electronically or by mail to SSS.
**Cambridge School encourages and welcomes applications from students without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin and does not discriminate in its admissions and educational policies, financial aid programs and other school-administered extracurricular activities. Financial aid will be awarded on the basis of financial need and the school's desire to include within the student body children from diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.